usb question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slickstang92

Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
woodriver
i just got high definition from direct tv and i have the hr22nc-100 hd dvr receiver and it has two usb inputs one in front and one in back and i have an external hard drive and i was woundering if there was away to watch whats on my hard drive through the dvr

thank you

Nope.......the USB ports are useless. The only thing they are good for is power. You can use them to run a cooling fan, that is about it........The only external hard drive that works with the DirecTV boxes are eSata.

Techincally the usb ports are used for power only because software not written for the ports.

But they are connected to a data bus, but with out the software pretty useless. I often use mine to charge cellphones.

As a tuner It does a little worst then the tuners in my samsung tvs. I like the Dish network OTA implenation better then the please inmput your zip code method. I get more channels via my tv tuner because where i live is very flat and the signal travels quite far with a good ant.

Okay, I now know where you're coming from. I too would prefer an ATSC tuner that can actually scan for stations. However, in my area it wouldn't be that advantageous unless I wanted to do some DXing with a rotor.:) And then, with the hills around here that would be a waste of $$$.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts