usb wifi adaptor

madatme

Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
ohio
my question is will any usb wifi adaptor work for my walley so i can get my netflex and others, there are a ton of adapters on amazon, i have searched the forums and sorta found a answer but it didnt apply to me,

I think someone mentioned awhile back about some kind of powered Wi-Fi adapter that also has an adapter to plug it into the ethernet port. So, something like that may work. I have never tried it myself, though. As far as the ones that plug into the USB port, yes those have to be the actual Dish models.

When I had my condo in Florida, there was no cable run to where I had my receiver. I ordered one of these from Amazon and it worked just fine.

IOGear Wifi Adapter

51Pi-lRLZnL._AC_SX679_.jpg

my question is will any usb wifi adaptor work for my walley so i can get my netflex and others, there are a ton of adapters on amazon, i have searched the forums and sorta found a answer but it didnt apply to me,
Hello, madatme! A Netgear (Model WNDA3100v2) Wi-Fi Adapter and a UEI (Model UEI22368) Wi-Fi Adapter are the only supported Wi-Fi Adapters that allow wireless communication between a wireless internet gateway and a compatible DISH receiver such as your Wally.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I think someone mentioned awhile back about some kind of powered Wi-Fi adapter that also has an adapter to plug it into the ethernet port. So, something like that may work. I have never tried it myself, though. As far as the ones that plug into the USB port, yes those have to be the actual Dish models.

That was me! The OTA tuner and hard drive are taking up the 2 USB ports, so this made the most sense. It's been working great for 6 months.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 120132.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)