USB3 2TB HD

Is there a list of compatible USB3 ext HDs for the Hopper3 ?

Don't know about a list of compatible drives off hand. It must be externally powered. Just get a Western Digital My Book 2TB off Amazon for $94 ($93.01). Been using them for years on a pair of 211Ks and never had an issue or failure..
Gerry

Reactions: DWS44
Don't know about a list of compatible drives off hand. It must be externally powered. Just get a Western Digital My Book 2TB off Amazon for $94 ($93.01). Been using them for years on a pair of 211Ks and never had an issue or failure..
Gerry
Thanks, ordered.

Got it and I am transferring stuff off my 2 Hoppers. Is there a way to name the EXT HD something else through the Hopper? The default name is "external storage 1" or something like that.

Got it and I am transferring stuff off my 2 Hoppers. Is there a way to name the EXT HD something else through the Hopper? The default name is "external storage 1" or something like that.
Praise the Lord! I'm not the only one!

I tested with an existing WD My Book 3TB drive this week and it worked fine. Then I purchased a new WD My Book 3TB drive and am transferring programs right now. It is working without any problems. I also have a 2TB drive attached and my Hopper w/sling shows the 3TB drive with 1.5 x the capacity of the 2TB drive so it does see all 3TB. My dream is that the Hopper 3 and EHD folders work like they did on the 722k but I'm not holding my breath.

I tested with an existing WD My Book 3TB drive this week and it worked fine. Then I purchased a new WD My Book 3TB drive and am transferring programs right now. It is working without any problems. I also have a 2TB drive attached and my Hopper w/sling shows the 3TB drive with 1.5 x the capacity of the 2TB drive so it does see all 3TB. My dream is that the Hopper 3 and EHD folders work like they did on the 722k but I'm not holding my breath.
Well, darn, wish I had known that....

Very nice. Going with the 3TB. Thanks!

It's been reported that 3TB and larger drives will work, but only as 2TB. So you're paying for capacity you can't use.

It's been reported that 3TB and larger drives will work, but only as 2TB. So you're paying for capacity you can't use.

Glad to know this. I just ordered a 2tb yesterday, came real close to buying a 3 instead.

From what I've been told the way it works is that an HDD larger than 2TB will work but there is a finite number of titles that the Hopper will see on the drive. Dish says up to 2TB is supported because they don't want you to put too many titles on the drive. Any drives larger than 2TB you use at your own risk.

Reactions: stardust3
From what I've been told the way it works is that an HDD larger than 2TB will work but there is a finite number of titles that the Hopper will see on the drive. Dish says up to 2TB is supported because they don't want you to put too many titles on the drive. Any drives larger than 2TB you use at your own risk.

You may be right, it would be nice to have the "definitive" answer from somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)