use access card in another receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmbuck2

Original poster
Nov 16, 2006
I will be visiting my parents for a week and while they have DirecTV, they do not have NFL Sunday ticket, NHL season pass, etc etc. I would like to be able to take my access card and plug it into their system. Is this possible? Let me know what you think. Thanks!!

timmbuck2:up

No, the card is married to your receiver and tied to your account, you would have to use the card in the receiver in which it was activated.

I will be visiting my parents for a week and while they have DirecTV, they do not have NFL Sunday ticket, NHL season pass, etc etc. I would like to be able to take my access card and plug it into their system. Is this possible? Let me know what you think. Thanks!! timmbuck2:up

Its not 100% "kosher" to do so, but just take your entire receiver with you for the one-time event and hook it up on their dish.

Someone had given me there old receivers that were the same brand as mine only newer than mine and my cards didn't work. I was going to call to see if D* could get them going and haven't had a chance yet. They are all Hughs boxes.

Its not 100% "kosher" to do so, but just take your entire receiver with you for the one-time event and hook it up on their dish.

hmm...since I am paying for the service, I would like to use it. theoritically I can take (or fedex) my box and just plug in their dish when I want to watch a game?

Technically its against DirecTV's EULA, but yes for the time you will be out of YOUR town visiting them, it really shouldn't be a big deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts