Use both remotes UHF?

markyoshi

Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
I'm a new Dish user and I have a few questions for you guys.

I live with 2 roomates and the receiver is set up in one of our rooms. We wanted to be abe to run both lines to the living room and the other bedrooms but one only works with IR. Is there a way to enable UHF support for both lines? Is there any way you guys can think of to change channels for the IR line from another room?

thanks in adavance,

mark
dishnoob

relabeled it to a better title :)

You can get a remote control extender. Radio Shack sells them. It makes a IR remote UHF capable.

Works really good :)

Iceberg said:
relabeled it to a better title :)

You can get a remote control extender. Radio Shack sells them. It makes a IR remote UHF capable.

Works really good :)

In the manual it also says taht you can get another UHF remote :)

thanks iceberg! So, I can actually use the IR remote from another room once I install the extender?

shadow - wouldn't an extra UHF remote only work for tv2?

markyoshi said:
thanks iceberg! So, I can actually use the IR remote from another room once I install the extender?

yes. It isnt hard to injstall. One of the pyramids goes by the receiver. The other goes wherever you want it to go.
shadow - wouldn't an extra UHF remote only work for tv2?

If TV1 uses both UHF & IR, you could get a 2nd UHF remote. The remote "address" is different for both TV's (TV1 might be set to 2 and TV2 might be set to 8)

thanks again!

how can i tell if TV1 can use both UHF and IR? There only seems to be one antenna in the back of the receiver...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)