Use for left material

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My renter moved out and left a pair of D* DECA adapters and a power supply. Since they appear to be a proprietary version of ethernet over coax would the work w/out D* boxes? Just looking to experiment since I have coax in places I'd like ether.
miner

My renter moved out and left a pair of D* DECA adapters and a power supply. Since they appear to be a proprietary version of ethernet over coax would the work w/out D* boxes? Just looking to experiment since I have coax in places I'd like ether.
miner

Based on personal experience,you can't "mix & match" DECA equipment with other non-D* MoCA equipment. Having just 2 DECA adapters & one power supply doesn't give you much to work with. You'd need one DECA adapter with power adapter(or DECA Broadband adapter with power adapter to hook up to your router. Then,instead of setting up ethernet cable to where you want internet connection,you'd need to set up coaxial cable to where you want internet connection,have another DECA Adapter WITH power adapter(or DECA Broadband Adapter with power adapter) to attach an ethernet switch..............AND don't get me started on Band Stop Filter if you were going to try to hook this up to coaxial cable set up by your cable company if you were going to try this with cable broadband........

Simple answer,don't bother trying.*

*Disclaimer,Actually I do have a "MoCA" set up using DECA equipment,but.........it is hooked up using coaxial cable I already have set up for D* & their DECA MRV set up. In addition to the coaxial cable hooked up to D*'s DVR's/receivers,I have D* approved 2-way splitters to actually run signals to ethernet switches. However......with just 2 DECA adapters & one power adapter........refer to above statement.

Last edited:
Keep the eq anyway..............you own it............a Directv installation = whatever eq is needed to open the account. After that all spares and cable, boxes and dishes have costs you can skip with your own parts bin. DISH to Directv compatibility is occasionally possible but transponders are unique regardless if they are on the same bird or only in the same launch position Some eq is intentionally designed to never match other systems.

joe

royrdsjr said:
Based on personal experience,you can't "mix & match" DECA equipment with other non-D* MoCA equipment. Having just 2 DECA adapters & one power supply doesn't give you much to work with. You'd need one DECA adapter with power adapter(or DECA Broadband adapter with power adapter to hook up to your router. Then,instead of setting up ethernet cable to where you want internet connection,you'd need to set up coaxial cable to where you want internet connection,have another DECA Adapter WITH power adapter(or DECA Broadband Adapter with power adapter) to attach an ethernet switch..............AND don't get me started on Band Stop Filter if you were going to try to hook this up to coaxial cable set up by your cable company if you were going to try this with cable broadband........

Simple answer,don't bother trying.*

*Disclaimer,Actually I do have a "MoCA" set up using DECA equipment,but.........it is hooked up using coaxial cable I already have set up for D* & their DECA MRV set up. In addition to the coaxial cable hooked up to D*'s DVR's/receivers,I have D* approved 2-way splitters to actually run signals to ethernet switches. However......with just 2 DECA adapters & one power adapter........refer to above statement.

First time I've seen "MoCA" used. I call it that and people look at me funny ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)