Use H20 as Tuner. Possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No they aren't.

What got me started on this was a posting I saw on YouTube, where a fellow had a HTL-HD (think that was the model) receiver and he connected it to his non HD set and he said and showed pictures showing that the digital HD channels were received better than their sister channels broadcast in analog.

There are severa homemade bow tie antennas made for receiving digital channels shown there too.

Since none of them are HD sets you would be fine with the ones that you can get with the coupon. Until you get a HD set there is no real reason to worry about a tuner that can output an HD signal.

Since none of them are HD sets you would be fine with the ones that you can get with the coupon. Until you get a HD set there is no real reason to worry about a tuner that can output an HD signal.

Thanks, was hoping to get a little better picture.

This is the YouTube link that got me started
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBuFfbAFSj4

And a Digital antenna:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw&feature=related

Thanks, was hoping to get a little better picture.

This is the YouTube link that got me started
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBuFfbAFSj4

And a Digital antenna:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw&feature=related

You most likely would get a little better picture. Don't forget that digital is different than analog as you either have picture or you don't. Analog can have fuzz or some ghosting depending on your signal strength.

The Youtube poster is right up to a point, but saying you can see HD on regular TV is just plain wrong. He means to say digital.

Would a H20 remote and card work on a HTL-HD receiver?

You most likely would get a little better picture. Don't forget that digital is different than analog as you either have picture or you don't. Analog can have fuzz or some ghosting depending on your signal strength.

Would a H20 remote and card work on a HTL-HD receiver?

It is a H20-600 with Remote and card.

At Directv's option they could marry the access card to the HTL-HD, the remote will operate the HTL-HD using code#01750.
The Hughes HTL-HD has a ch3/4 output that will down rez the HDTV signal to 480I that SD NTSC TVs can process. It can also process the SD Digital signal so the analog NTSC TV can produce a picture from the new ATSC Digital signals. Wether you use the new converter boxes or an old Directv HDTV tuner your old NTSC TVs will have a much better picture than the analog signal produced. AT $10 after coupon you can't get much cheaper.

The only way to get a HDTV picture is to purchase a HDTV set. The old analog tv will look much better with a digital signal signal but it can't be converted into a HDTV set that is why the converter boxes don't have HDTV outputs.:)

Hi

I am looking for a cheap HD satellite reciever.. I found ones on ebay, but all were DTV devices

So I wonder, what DTV devices that will work on normal satellite setup without the need for the DTV card

Will H10 work?

At Directv's option they could marry the access card to the HTL-HD, the remote will operate the HTL-HD using code#01750.
The Hughes HTL-HD has a ch3/4 output that will down rez the HDTV signal to 480I that SD NTSC TVs can process. It can also process the SD Digital signal so the analog NTSC TV can produce a picture from the new ATSC Digital signals. Wether you use the new converter boxes or an old Directv HDTV tuner your old NTSC TVs will have a much better picture than the analog signal produced. AT $10 after coupon you can't get much cheaper.

The only way to get a HDTV picture is to purchase a HDTV set. The old analog tv will look much better with a digital signal signal but it can't be converted into a HDTV set that is why the converter boxes don't have HDTV outputs.:)

We will buy a new TV probaly next year, but for now I'm trying this out.:)

I bit the bullet and baught the HTL-HD as a Buy Now for 34.95 inc shipping. So my H20 remote will work with the code #01750. How do I input the code? :confused:

"At Directv's option they could marry the access card to the HTL-HD", how would that be done? :confused:

We will buy a new TV probaly next year, but for now I'm trying this out.:)

I bit the bullet and baught the HTL-HD as a Buy Now for 34.95 inc shipping. So my H20 remote will work with the code #01750. How do I input the code? :confused:

"At Directv's option they could marry the access card to the HTL-HD", how would that be done? :confused:
As an active customer you ask the customer service representative if they can marry the card from your H20 to the HTL-HD if they are allowed they will mate them in their computer system. If not allowed the usually charge $20 for a new access card.

In the sat mode on the white remote hold both the mute and select buttons until the green light flashes twice, then punch in 01750 the green light should blink twice to show it accepted the code.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts