Used 1.2 m dish. Worth it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You're welcome to use whatever justifications you need, but what you'll get probably isn't worth the dollars and effort to install a C band horn. Setting up a 1.2m dish is the same regardless of the band.

I'll spend my money how I like you can spend yours how you like. Deal? :)

Reactions: Elsguy and raydio
I mean those dishes are pretty good and all but aren't they twice as expensive as the Andrew? The Andrew is a commercial dish so it's even better built than the Geosatpro 1.2m. Any reason why you don't want a commercial Ku dish like the Andrew?

As far as getting C-band on a 1.2m, NHK World @ 58W, maybe the ABC fronthauls @ 99W as they are booming signals, but S2 with a 9/10 FEC could be a problem... an occasional backhaul uplinked with QPSK and FEC of 3/4. And the CW Plus networks on 91W. I reckon that's about it.
Hold my beer. You haven't met me yet Victoria I am probely the only around here that picked up a 9/10 fec ABC feeds on a 4 foot dish when they boosted the power on the satellite. I am Mr. Minibud around here nice to meet you. You can't get much from 97w to 105w because of the interference issue.

Hold my beer. You haven't met me yet Victoria I am probely the only around here that picked up a 9/10 fec ABC feeds on a 4 foot dish when they boosted the power on the satellite. I am Mr. Minibud around here nice to meet you. You can't get much from 97w to 105w because of the interference issue.

So ABC is about it on C band for a 1.2m?

No, Lesea channels are the ones you will get Abc feeds were rare to get. Depending on your location and setup you might get more. Give it a shot you can try it out.

Reactions: raydio
What are the Lesea channels? Sorry for showing my ignorance

Family Broadcasting Corporation - Wikipedia

Roy Rogers, Lassie, Perry Mason, The Lone Ranger, Sergeant Preston of the Mounties, I Dream Of Jeanie, Bewitched, Mary Tyler Moore, Matlock, TJ Hooker, Heartland (Canadian series, really good) Mad about you, Just Shoot Me, Maude, Barney Miller, and much, much more

By the way, if you put the Andrew on a polar mount, get one made for at least a 6 foot dish, AND you must tilt the TOP down by about 23~ degrees. There are a few posts around here from people that have done it, and look them up as it's well worth doing.

So its like the old Nick At Nite then?

Yes, but FREE.

Family Broadcasting Corporation - Wikipedia

Roy Rogers, Lassie, Perry Mason, The Lone Ranger, Sergeant Preston of the Mounties, I Dream Of Jeanie, Bewitched, Mary Tyler Moore, Matlock, TJ Hooker, Heartland (Canadian series, really good) Mad about you, Just Shoot Me, Maude, Barney Miller, and much, much more

OK, that's it...if I can get Sergeant Preston of the Mounties on 1.2m dish C-band then damn the wife, I'm getting one!

OK, that's it...if I can get Sergeant Preston of the Mounties on 1.2m dish C-band then damn the wife, I'm getting one!

I LOVE that series! I also watch Lassie (they've come around to the Forest Ranger years right now), Perry Mason, and the Lone Ranger.

IF you use the Channel Master/Andrews dish for C-band, contact Rima, and see if he'll sell you his special C-band feed mount he makes. It's well worth getting instead of making your own. This dish has side feed arms that will interfere with using a conical scalar, and you need to compensate for that. His method is very elegant, and much less work to install.

IF you use the Channel Master/Andrews dish for C-band, contact Rima, and see if he'll sell you his special C-band feed mount he makes. It's well worth getting instead of making your own. This dish has side feed arms that will interfere with using a conical scalar, and you need to compensate for that. His method is very elegant, and much less work to install.

Would I need to do that if I bought the GeoSat 1.2 m instead?

The positives to the GSP 1.2M are:

1. No modification necessary to mount on a USALS HH motor compared to needing to adapt a CM to a polar mount and only use DiSEqC 1.2.

2. If using for a mini-bud, C-band feedhorn and conical scalar mounts with the available GSP 65mm metal clamp compared to customizing your own clamp for the CM.

From someone who owns and uses both the CM and the GSP 1.2m, for a fixed mount I wouldn't hesitate installing the CM. For motorized, I would personally choose the GSP.

The positives to the GSP 1.2M are:

1. No modification necessary to mount on a USALS HH motor compared to needing to adapt a CM to a polar mount and only use DiSEqC 1.2.

2. If using for a mini-bud, C-band feedhorn and conical scalar mounts with the available GSP 65mm metal clamp.

For fixed mount I wouldn't hesitate installing the CM. For motorized, I would personally choose the GSP.

Very helpful thank you.. is the 65mm clamp included or is that an add-on?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)