Uses for analog receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Doing the dish moving and polarotor control with the analog will work fine, just a little cumbersome. You'll understand what I mean after you get it all hooked up.

Yeah thats sorta the problem I face now. If I had a dish up and going, I think I'd have a better understanding. I could actually SEE what we're talking about. :D

Start saving now for the Pansat and VBox II. Maybe for Father's day, or birthday, or next Christmas.

I like the way you think pal! :D

Hey swampman, the diagram shows a 2x1 diseqc switch. I use a 4x1 diseqc switch so I can still use my ku (only) dish with it's motor. You could do that and keep the P* in the mix!

Al
Thats a good point Al. However with my small backyard, I'm really pushing my luck with the wife by adding a dish without removing one first. But we'll see. :D

What Fred (linuxman) is talking about, is using the analog receiver to move the dish and control the polarotor and watching tv with the DVB receiver, can be a pain in the you know what. You will have to have the analog on the tv, to see what you're doing, to get you where you are going. Then switch over to the DVB to watch the programming. Also you will need to keep the analog receiver's remote near by, so you can change an even to odd channel (or vise-versa) for controlling the polarity. The DVB receiver will not control the polarity with this set-up. He is suggesting a VBox II positioner, that will convert the actuator to run with 1.2 diseqc commands on your Coolsat. But, he is also saying that the Coolsat won't control the polarotor (servo motor) on the Corotor II. A Pansat would do that, or a Manhattan, maybe some others, but most DVB receivers won't control a polarotor. Hope this helps some of your confusion and doesn't create new confusion.

Al

Last edited:
He is suggesting a VBox II positioner, that will convert the actuator to run with USALS on your Coolsat.

Hey Al,

The VBox II will not work with USALS. It is only a diseqc 1.2 positioner. Which means in effect that each satellite's position has to be found and programmed in by hand. It is very simple to do. You just load in a known 24/7 strong frequency, and click on move until the signal comes in. Fine tune and save it. :D

Fred

analog is really good for the oddball sports team. The DIII football team or the TV station that only shows a couple games a year. BUt a fair amunt of teams use KU still

One of the big ones that uses KU analog is (I forget the new name) but it use to be Jefferson Pilot sports. On some weekends to see 2 feeds of the same game...just different announcers (or in some cases the same announcers just the graphic in the corner is different)

Great thread but what is Iceberg thinking? Oddball? DivIII? Man, Every KU Jayhawk Home game was on SBS-6 this year, Including exhibition games that you can't get in Kansas. I got an analog receiver just for those games. I spent a whole 15$ It was a bargin!

On a side note there were lots of big 10 and a couple big east on there this year too. Basketball season is great.

Great thread but what is Iceberg thinking? Oddball? DivIII? Man, Every KU Jayhawk Home game was on SBS-6 this year, Including exhibition games that you can't get in Kansas. I got an analog receiver just for those games. I spent a whole 15$ It was a bargin!
I was thinking :)

I emphasized that DIII and the oddball ones are out there which is very true. Yes there is more (as I mentioned JP sports) and some teams do have a fair amount on analog :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)