using 622 as a receiver for OTA locals only

temesgen

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
I own a VIP 622 receiver and want to know how to set it up as a receiver so i can run an HDTV antenna into the 622 and then to an HDTV monitor. I have to do it this was as the monitor doesn't have a receiver built in. My wife wants locals and I don't see any reason to sign back up with Dish to get those. The other question I have is can I plug the HDTV OTA antenna into the dish outside as there is good visibility there? Otherwise I have to hook up the antenna inside which would likely mean a worse signal. Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks

I don't believe the 622 will do squat if it's not authorized for Dish programming. Consider the welcome pack. Then you can do all the rest you want to do.

If it works, it will likely be only for a short time, as some internal countdown occurs. I don't think it will work even for the first minute. You can buy digital tuners for very reasonable prices.

You can detach the coax from the dish and connect it to your antenna.

yep sadly it is disabled. There was a thread a month or so ago that someone dish paused their 211 and couldnt use the OTA on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)