Using a 7" BUD for FTA and motor control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

norman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Dear Fellow Viewers,
I Have a 7" BUD that a customer GAVE me. It is in great shape. I have also received an almost new C/Ku feedhorn with both C/Ku Lnb's still on it.

Question: Are all of the birds in the same arch?
If so I think I could put a Quad feed horn on the BUD, 2-c & 2-Ku, set all of the birds in the Toshiba BUD receiver then use the BUD for c/Ku AND FTA. With the extra receiver for FTA.

Am I right? I hope so.

Norman

Call me nut's but.....

Call me nut's but it would seem that the picture in the link is showing 2 FTA receivers. I am wanting to STILL have the Toshiba C/Ku receiver working. And have the FTA on the Extra Ku LNB. I will still need to have the toshiba to control it's own H/V polar motor.

I was wanting to know if I could have it all on one BUD using the Toshiba for the dish control?

Norman

Come on Iceberg

Come on iceberg! Can you say typo.

But the question still stands.

Answers????

Norman

norman said:
Call me nut's but it would seem that the picture in the link is showing 2 FTA receivers. I am wanting to STILL have the Toshiba C/Ku receiver working. And have the FTA on the Extra Ku LNB. I will still need to have the toshiba to control it's own H/V polar motor.

I was wanting to know if I could have it all on one BUD using the Toshiba for the dish control?

Norman

Yes you can use the C/Ku to control the polar motor and polarity on the C-Band. You still would use what PSB posted (the polar runs on different wire) to wire everything up.

Do you want to get analog on the C/Ku receiver too or just use it to motor around and use just the DVB receiver?

Iceberg said:
Yes you can use the C/Ku to control the polar motor and polarity on the C-Band. You still would use what PSB posted (the polar runs on different wire) to wire everything up.

Do you want to get analog on the C/Ku receiver too or just use it to motor around and use just the DVB receiver?

Yes I want to use the Toshiba C/Ku receiver for the analog stuff that is out there AND use the extra Ku LNB for the FTA. As stated before. I could lock all the birds one at a time in the memory of the BUD receiver for both systems.

I see the only problem I may have is loading each bird into the Toshiba Reseiver.

Any help would be most gratefull.
Norman

PS forgige my spelling. That's why spell checkers were made. For folks like me.

what dish ?

norman said:
I Have a 7" BUD that a customer GAVE me. It is in great shape.
I have also received an almost new C/Ku feedhorn with both C/Ku Lnb's still on it.
... I could put a Quad feed horn on the BUD, 2-c & 2-Ku, ...
Hate to be a nitpicker, but is the dish rated for Ku band?
I'm assuming so, but you didn't come out and say it.

Hope so, sounds like a great setup.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.