Using a DECA with HR34 Genie Client (C31)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbraune

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I just upgraded to the new HR34 Genie with one C31 client this past week. The C31 is networked directly through the COAX cable from the dish. Is it possible to connect a DECA to the COAX cable to the C31 and then connect an ethernet cable from the DECA in order to network other devices (like a Slingbox) or even multiple devices with an ethernet switch?

Not sure what you mean exactly. Like, are you trying to access the Internet from the directv coaxial cable? Presumably somewhere else in your house, you have a cinema connection kit connecting your directv system to your Internet router?

I have the answer. I'm on my mobile so I'm not sure how to link URLs from the app. Do a search for my previous post below. This explains my setup and others complaints about the setup. What you are trying do do is my current setup with different equipment. PM me with any questions.

"DECA Adapter for Network Hub"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)