Reusing old hard drive from HR22.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Okay so my neighbor switched to cable and gave me his old HR-22.

Inside I found a hard drive, with sata power and data cables.

I plugged it into my PC, but it won't spin. Is there some kind of proprietary system that won't allow you to use D* HDs in a PC?

Okay so my neighbor switched to cable and gave me his old HR-22.

Inside I found a hard drive, with sata power and data cables.

I plugged it into my PC, but it won't spin. Is there some kind of proprietary system that won't allow you to use D* HDs in a PC?

Have you thought about the bill your neighbor may get when they find that the recvr isn't returned in time ?

Now that you broke the seal, they will know IF it does get returned.

The majority, 99% are LEASED and need to be returned to D* when turned off.

All D* recvrs work with sata / esata hard drives, that said, I don't know why it won't fire up power wise .

Yes it was owned.
I've been reading that the DVR uses some kind of "power on standby" and the drive won't spin in a PC.

Yes it was owned.
I've been reading that the DVR uses some kind of "power on standby" and the drive won't spin in a PC.

They must have changed that after the HR20 then. I own my HR20, but not my HR21. I opened up the HR20 and replaced the internal drive with a 2TB drive and pulled out the internal 320GB Seagate drive. It worked just fine in my PC after a format.

Volmaul said:
They must have changed that after the HR20 then. I own my HR20, but not my HR21. I opened up the HR20 and replaced the internal drive with a 2TB drive and pulled out the internal 320GB Seagate drive. It worked just fine in my PC after a format.

Unless he got it from a current/previous employee the odds of it owned are highly unlikely but not out of question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)