Questions about apartment installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

janedo1586

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
SE Nebraska
I will be moving into an apartment in zip code 68506. The complex is okay with satellite dishes as long as they are not "attached" to the deck or railing (I wasn't lucky enough to get a first floor unit). I saw several dishes in the complex on south-facing decks. My question is, how do I go about setting up this install? Can I just call DirecTV movers and tell them I will need a non-penetrating deck mount or do I need to get some type of equipment before the install? There is a slight overhang on the deck, but as I said, I've seen several other dishes so I don't think line of sight will be a problem, and I have no buildings in the way to the south. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

I will be moving into an apartment in zip code 68506. The complex is okay with satellite dishes as long as they are not "attached" to the deck or railing (I wasn't lucky enough to get a first floor unit). I saw several dishes in the complex on south-facing decks. My question is, how do I go about setting up this install? Can I just call DirecTV movers and tell them I will need a non-penetrating deck mount or do I need to get some type of equipment before the install? There is a slight overhang on the deck, but as I said, I've seen several other dishes so I don't think line of sight will be a problem, and I have no buildings in the way to the south. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Yes, Call D* let them know the situation before hand.
Is a pole mount also a possibility ?

Jimbo said:
Yes, Call D* let them know the situation before hand.
Is a pole mount also a possibility ?

Doubtful a pole mount is possible. Management prolly requires it to be on their respected area so a non-pin mount will prolly be needed. We are carrying these on our trucks for the most part (minus the concrete blocks). I would not recommend letting them talk you in to a 5 gallon bucket mount! Demand a non-pin mount

I did see some pole mounts also, but I wasn't lucky enough to get a ground level unit. I will request the non-penetrating deck mount. Any idea if there will be an extra charge for that? Thanks for the info!!!

Doubtful a pole mount is possible. Management prolly requires it to be on their respected area so a non-pin mount will prolly be needed. We are carrying these on our trucks for the most part (minus the concrete blocks). I would not recommend letting them talk you in to a 5 gallon bucket mount! Demand a non-pin mount

I did see some pole mounts also, but I wasn't lucky enough to get a ground level unit. I will request the non-penetrating deck mount. Any idea if there will be an extra charge for that? Thanks for the info!!!

You never know, as he said there are others around, so the Complex may be quite flexible.
Yes, the Non Pen. set up would probably work best for you, this way it's on YOUR property and not out in the yard where any kid can come by and screw you.

I did a pole mount on mine and used duct tape and zip ties and appended it to one of the railings. It stayed there for four years without an issue. I just moved and it came right down with no damage to apt.

Non-pen should be free. As for the pole mount, they may only let lower level tenants use that method but you never know ;)

Liquidforce88 said:
The non-pen is "NOT" included free with a standard install.

We do free non-pins in our market. Directv requires us to actually carry at least 1 per truck now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

am21n / whole home dvr

Reusing old hard drive from HR22.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)