Using a DVR and DVD recorder ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Reason for DVD recorder and PVR

• Not Enough PVR disk space for my needs.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I just like keeping/archiving stuff.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Want to be able to let others see it too.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Because i can !

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

gbjbany

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
El Dorado Hills, CA Nr Sacramento
I have seen a few posts of people using DVD recorders as well as having a PVR and so i was thinking about getting one too.
I have had a 942 for about 6 months (yes I'm one of those idiots ! :D) and i have never come close to using all the disk space so i wondered what other reason people had for both.
You can make multiple selections and If you select other can you reply too, Thanks all for your input

Last edited:
gbjbany said:
I have seen a few posts of people using DVD recorders as well as having a PVR and so i was thinking about getting one too.
I have had a 942 for about 6 months (yes I'm one of those idiots ! :D) and i have never come close to using all the disk space so i wondered what other reason people had for both. If you select other can you reply too, Thanks all for your input

The HD really fills up my 942 fast (especially with football). If you are switching over to a 622 you will lose anything you have stored on the 942 unless you have a way to save it (ie: dvd).

cebbigh said:
The HD really fills up my 942 fast (especially with football). If you are switching over to a 622 you will lose anything you have stored on the 942 unless you have a way to save it (ie: dvd).

What about pocketdish? If you have pocketdish can you download your content to the pocketdish and then upload it back once you get your VIP622? Just wondering...

gbjbany said:
I have had a 942 for about 6 months (yes I'm one of those idiots ! :D)

Careful now...I have only had my 942 for a month (got it just as the 622 was announced). But for me I don't really care about getting a 622 right away as I don't have the need for it - I get ALL the local channel's via OTA with signal strength in the 90's for all of them. So far I am not impressed with the available HD channels (haven't tried VOOM) so for me to want to move to the 622, I will have to be impressed by the new HD packs and get a great deal on upgrading (not sure how I can be impressed by the new HD packs if Dish isn't going to let me preview them on my HD capable receiver though). On one of the other threads someone mentioned that they wanted Dish to offer a preview of the new HD packs to existing HD subscribers - I think that is a great idea...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)