Using a satellite finder meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
When using my satellite finder meter I usually connect the Satellite Finder between the cable going to the receiver and LNB and totally disconnect the SG2100 motor drive. However, if I must treak the dish E and W, the manual motor drive operation is disabled due to lack of power.

I believe I can, but wanted to check to make sure that I could connect the Satellite Finder between the LNB and LNB input on the SG2100 so that the motor drive would be operational. A cable would then go from the LNB to LNB input on the Satellite Finder and then a cable from the REC input on the Satellite Finder to the LNB input on the SG2100 drive.

Thank You,
Dave

I don't see why that wouldn't work. It might be risky to put the meter between the receiver and the motor, but past the motor should be no problem.

I connect my meter and/or analyzer after the SG2100 and the LNB (RCVR-SG2100-sat=meter-LNB) and it works just fine. I can move the dish and observe the sat-meter (or analyzer) and see how it jumps up and down from sat to sat. That is how I verify that the dish is tracking the arc.

PopcornNMore said:
When using my satellite finder meter I usually connect the Satellite Finder between the cable going to the receiver and LNB and totally disconnect the SG2100 motor drive. However, if I must treak the dish E and W, the manual motor drive operation is disabled due to lack of power.

I believe I can, but wanted to check to make sure that I could connect the Satellite Finder between the LNB and LNB input on the SG2100 so that the motor drive would be operational. A cable would then go from the LNB to LNB input on the Satellite Finder and then a cable from the REC input on the Satellite Finder to the LNB input on the SG2100 drive.

Thank You,
Dave

That is the way I do it .

wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)