using a vbox2 and mercury 2 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hey guys im trying to lookup satellites , but my question is do i have to preset the locations on the vbox or can i just do it on the mercury 2? if so how do i do that?
right now im pointed at 45 pas1R and i get channels but i would like to also program on the receiver the sat at 43.
thanks

i don't have a merc II but heres how i do it
after you have turned on the v-box and set the limits ( you can also set the limits from the merc)
you should be able to program it from the merc II from there ....
so in the merc II setup for motorized set it to 1.2 diesqc motor control
and find the satellite position you want using the left right move ( on eith the v-box or the merc) and when you save it on the merc it should make the v-box flash and show a position number.

how do you set the limits ? do i have to actually move the dish to where the limits should be? right now the lowest i can go is nss 7 at 22 degrees w.

so i moved the dish to the lowest satellite i can see which is 22 degrees nss7. and when i press on the limit button on the gbox remote all i get is a flashing L and when i press limit again i get a LOF.

Read the manual, I thinks it says you must press "Enter" within 5 seconds to save the Limit setting.
If safe, I would Drive the Dish just past your lowest Sat and set there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)