Using box at a different address

tbbellville@yahoo.com

Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Texas
My daughter is moving in the house behind me which has the same address the difference is her address has "A" on it. There is a dish 1000 on the house and I have an active extra box. Can she use my box on her dish 1000. I didnt know if it would have to be the same address since i dont know how all that stuff works.

Thank you for the information. I didnt know if it was even possible to use the box at the house behind me. I thought the dish is what ran the box and I dont use phone lines on my boxes. If the satelite is not programed to that box it probably wouldnt work anyway.

Different address

If my dishnetwork box is used at an address other than the service address can i get in trouble for that. The other address is behind my house.

it is against the dish rules. if you are not sharing it and do not hook to a phone line you will probally be ok. do not share with a neighbor, E* has an audit team to deal with those people _ they are not friendly about it.

You can get in trouble if you have multiple boxes which are not at the same address. That is called "account stacking" where you are Dish customer and put a box on your account but say keep it a moms house so she gets your programming at only a $5/mo additional box fee.

But if you have a separate Service address vs billing address than that is not bad. You could have Dish at your "Cabin in the woods" (ie service address) but still have the bills sent to your regular home or work address. That is not bad.

But your question appears to just mean if you have your box just off the service address property. I don't think that they are going to go after you. Just make sure its uses the same phone line as all of the other boxes on your account.

What if neither house has a phone line. The originial phone was disconnected 1 year ago and dish still uses that number even though i told them i no longer have a phone

I have 2 pieces of advice for you

1-NEVER use your email address as your user name on a message board unless you love

spam_1.jpg

2-do some reading around here & decide for your self what you should do in your situation

tbbellville@yahoo.com said:
My daughter is moving in the house behind me which has the same address the difference is her address has "A" on it. There is a dish 1000 on the house and I have an active extra box. Can she use my box on her dish 1000. I didnt know if it would have to be the same address since i dont know how all that stuff works.
yes she can..Does D* like it ?... no..They would, if they found out, require a seprate account for the "A" adddress...
Install the receiver and just be cool about it and no one gets hurt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)