Pathetic 811 receiver #3

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I am on my third disgusting 811 receiver. All three have been seriously irritating. Downloading the program guide twice many days. Two 811 UHF remotes, 3 receivers, no combonation works outside the room, no matter how much address code setting, repositioning of antenna, etc. Receiver lock up, usually several times a month. My receiver is on a wall timer, each night it is auto-shut off at 3am, resets, rechecks sat's, downloads new guide, undisturbed. Still too many problems. I am sick of replacing 811'S, want something better. I don't need DVR, just HD receiver w/ OTA. Any recommendations on a receiver? Dishnetwork will pay all costs, or I move to Directv, so cost is no issue... Any Idea's? Thank You in advance!

211.... I've had both receivers and the 811 just sucks! The 211 has been a very stable receiver for me. Having said that some people are having problems with the HDMI connection.

I had heard a little about mpeg4... is this out yet? Does 211 have it? Is it worth the wait?

The 211 is a MPEG4 receiver just like the 622 with no DVR functions. Any new HD channel will be in MPEG4 or MPEG2 with MPEG4 headers so only the ViP receivers will be able to receive them.

Since you said that E* will pay for it why don't you try it. You will have to upgrade to a Metallic HD pack though.

The
Dishin It Up promo will provide you with the new receiver as well as the new dish if required in your area. It depends whether you are an A, B, or C customer if you have to pay for anything or not.