Using Built in HD recorder with Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rustolemite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Pineville, LA
Im looking at a new TV and they all seem to have a built in HD recorder .. so DUMB question here is can I use my Directv HD receiver and record with the TV's built in HD recorder ?

thanks

Rustolemite

Using Built in HD Recorder withDirectv

rustolemite said:
Im looking at a new TV and they all seem to have a built in HD recorder .. so DUMB question here is can I use my Directv HD receiver and record with the TV's built in HD recorder ?
thanks
Rustolemite

Are you sure you don't refer to an HD decoder, not "recorder" built into the sets?

There's a big difference between the two!

i think it works by recording whatever is displayed on the tv. Im not sure if there are any limitations on this set. From the spec sheet I see that it can record from over the air signals but check the user manual http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/common/getfile.asp?uuid={E44E0863-2176-4B8D-B619-8BAE618ED661} to read if it is able to record from all inputs. I would look through it now but dont have much time.

shappyss said:
sorry but you cant record from component video inputs, DVI, or HDMI so you cannot use this to record High Definition from Directv.

That would require a fire wire port from the D* receiver, and an apropriate input as well and we know that is not a current option. :(

Jimbo

You guys rock

So Im watching my pats get closer to denver...and am trolling through the HD posts here and I come across this.(Been drinking a lil too) Anyway I just wanna say you guys rock. The poor guy comes for advice you and guys read manuals and check out his questions and actually took the time to help him.
That rocked..I love you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks

Rustolemite[/I][/I]

Built-in Recorder using DirecTV

I have a Mits WD-62825 with an internal recorder. I feed the OTA signal thru my direcTV TIVO HD Recorder and record OTA programs on the TV's built in Hard Disk. You could only record OTA programs on the internal recorder/hard disk.
Rustolemite, let me know if you have other questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)