Using Components for 622

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
I just bought a HD DVD player already have a Blu Ray player both have HDMI outputs.My TV has only 2 HDMI inputs so I plan on using the components out of the 622 will it degrade the HD picture much.
Will use this until the wife gets over the 2 HD players and lets me get a new receiver.

Another option would be to get a HDMI switch like this one:

Buy.com - Joytech Tri-Link 3-Port HDMI Switch with Remote (3-to-1) (switch between 3 HMDI signals) Playstation 3

Monoprice also has inexpensive ones as well.

I just bought a HD DVD player already have a Blu Ray player both have HDMI outputs.My TV has only 2 HDMI inputs so I plan on using the components out of the 622 will it degrade the HD picture much.
Will use this until the wife gets over the 2 HD players and lets me get a new receiver.

More than likely you will see little if any difference between HDMI and component. Any difference you see is more than likely differences in the TV inputs and their settings.