Using Directv and Dishnet on Same TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwells5465

Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Louisiana
Does anyone use both Directv and Dishnet? We can't get locals unless we add Dishnet and our tv stations will not give us a waiver. We have installed a tower antenna on our roof and still no locals. If anyone uses both, how is it done? And does it work successfully?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! I have both, with HD receivers I use Directv in HDMI 1 & Dish in HDMI 3 Slots and use the tv remote to switch between the 2.

if you have your tv programmed into your DishNet remote you should be able to switch your tv inputs by hitting the tv mode button on your Dish remote and then hitting the input button right under it and then hitting the input button repeatedly until you are on the correct input for whichever provider's input you want.

I find using the Dish remote easier to use than having to keep my tv remote handy.

Thanks. That will work for me as well then.

WOW. isn't that going to be a little costly just to get local channels? :eek:

Have you thought about "moving" to another market to get locals that ARE carried on DirecTV, instead of having to pay for 2 TV services? (search on moving here is you're not sure what I'm talking about...)

So for those with both Direct and Dish any side by side test for noticeable difference in HD content?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)