Using Dish 500 to get 119W and 101W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

senia

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please help me with this. I have a Dish 500 with 2 single LNBs. I want to keep 119 with the Dish Network, and also receive 101W for Direct TV. I came accross at one reference on the internet that I could just strap another LNB right next to 110 socket, and be ableto receive 101W for DirecTV. Is there going to be enough signal strength for a side reflection like this?

Also, if that is not possible, i also have a 30 inch dish, which was going to use to get 95W with Direct TV. How would calculate where to place another lnb to also get 101W on the same dish? Or do i just hold it in my hand and move it around?
Is there any online calculator for placing multiple LNBs on the same larger dish?

Thanks

senia said:
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please help me with this. I have a Dish 500 with 2 single LNBs. I want to keep 119 with the Dish Network, and also receive 101W for Direct TV. I came accross at one reference on the internet that I could just strap another LNB right next to 110 socket, and be ableto receive 101W for DirecTV. Is there going to be enough signal strength for a side reflection like this?
yes it will work. I did one a while back of 110/119/129 for Dish and it worked just fine.
(see picture below. Your other LNB would go on the opposite side of where i have mine

Also, if that is not possible, i also have a 30 inch dish, which was going to use to get 95W with Direct TV. How would calculate where to place another lnb to also get 101W on the same dish? Or do i just hold it in my hand and move it around?
Is there any online calculator for placing multiple LNBs on the same larger dish?

Thanks
2nd LNB goes pretty much next to the LNB for 95. It goes on the right side (if you're facing the dish). It goes on the opposite side of what you think. The satellites go E to W but since there is a reflection off the dish, the 2nd lNB is on the opposite side :)

Attachments

• IM000369.JPG
    IM000369.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 285
Great, thank you very much, i will try both cases, and see where i get better signal - if the 6 degree spacing on the 30 inch dish is not going to be too crowded for the lbs ( i was going to use a regular Dish single lnb for 101), then i will just keep them together on the 30 inch dish, if not ,i will have to move my Dish 500 a bit to the side, because balcony railings are blocking the view i have placed right along the railings, so 119 is working great, but i don't think i will get much signal from a more eastern direction, i will just move it west 15 inches, and it should be great. In either case i need to make a bracket - since i don't have any lnb in the 110 slot, so there is nothing to strap another lnb to, i wish i could find some broken lnb just as a place holder. In any case, i already started making a bracket out of alluminum flat bar, to wrap the lnb around the waist and tighten it with a screw, need to see how to attach the other side...

Thanks a lot! just wanted to make sure before i move the Dish 500.

Status
Please reply by conversation.