Using DISH install Coax Cables for DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
RG-59 will work if it is in good condition. I don't like to use RG-59 on the DVR or the line with the power inserter. If there is a situation where replacing the RG-59 just isn't able to be done, I replace as much as I can and then splice into it. I have had a few installs at apartment buildings with only RG-59. The longer runs to the other end of the complex could give me troubles due to extra loss in the smaller cable. Short runs seem to work ok. I PREFER TO NOT USE RG-59 but in a pinch it will work for SHORT runs. 50 feet or less is kind of my personal rule. Much less is my preference. If it looks like it has been under water, chewed on, crimped, bent, or the outer braid is corroded, I won't use it at all.

As to using the coax for Dish, I will use it. I do SWM installs all the time using the copper clad steel. It works just fine. My personal home was installed with CCS coax and I have never had an issue with it. I install both Dish and Directv and use the other guys coax all the time. I install for a retailer so I don't have the "only our approved coax" restrictions. They all work as long as they are in good condition and the install is done correctly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts