Using DVD Recorder with Bell

corry20

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 30, 2005
I'm sick of my VCR the picture isn't very good and sometimes it doesn't record If I got a DVD Recorder like the Samsung DVD R155 DVD recorder with TV tuner would this work just like a VCR on Bell?

Yes it will.

You can connect it via the RF Channel 3/4 output on the Bell receiver or for better picture quality, use Composite of even "S" video connection if the DVD recorder has that.

I use a DVD recorder on a 4100 and it works fine.

I bit of a pain having to set up a manual timer on the DVD but it works. There might be a way to do this automatically but for the few times I use it, its great.

I also have a Bell 9200 and 5900, they are obviously much easier to use for recordings. I then hook up the DVD recorder if I want to save a movie etc from these PVR's.

Yes it will.

You can connect it via the RF Channel 3/4 output on the Bell receiver or for better picture quality, use Composite of even "S" video connection if the DVD recorder has that.

I use a DVD recorder on a 4100 and it works fine.

I bit of a pain having to set up a manual timer on the DVD but it works. There might be a way to do this automatically but for the few times I use it, its great.

I also have a Bell 9200 and 5900, they are obviously much easier to use for recordings. I then hook up the DVD recorder if I want to save a movie etc from these PVR's.

Sometime my VCR doesn't record and I have it on.It gets messed up sometimes.I may have to set the vcr and set the programming to the channel also it is kind of a pain.Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts