Using ESX242 C Band LNBF With microHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Bought a ESX242 C band LNBF and using it with the microHD, having trouble scanning and missing many TPs in Blind scan...Only using one side/port of the LNBF.... Have to manual scan the TPs to get some to lock in....This is consistant throught out the full scanning of the Satellites and TPs....Any suggestions or advise is appreciated.....Thanks.

Only thing that comes to mind is a problem I had with a DMX variety. Wouldn't switch to vertical polarity until the LNB voltage went below 13.9 - 14v. Otherwise it was stuck on H as the 'V' voltage out of the receiver was 14.4. Sorta fixed with a 'work around' of a diode in line with the LNBF. Think I paralleled a cap across the diode of around 600 to 1k pf. Just mounted a couple of "F" splices in an aluminum box and stuck the diode leads into them on the inside of the box. (Band side of diode to the LNBF) Diode drops 7/10 volt, so LNBF got 13.7 or so. viola! Other than that I'm stumped.
Maybe, more details, like regular blind scan or Detailed Scan (Think that's what they call it in the microHD)
Try it with the LNBF connected directly to the receiver?? (No switches/diplexers)

I was thinking that too. Are you missing Horizontal TP's also?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts