Using Free to Air Overseas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ciwsstock

Original poster
May 5, 2009
South Western Spain
I am an active duty service member living in Southwestern Spain. I unfortunately get 8 channels of tv that are only specific shows no matter what. I would like to find out if Free to Air can be used here. If so, will I only get Spanish channels or will I be able to receive North American or at least the British channels? Please help, I am desperate to watch some decent tv here. Thank you in advance.

Sean

I am in the US but based on some of the rare Euro post here I remembered there is a fair amount of free tv on the satellites for Europe. Here is a list per Lyngsat, and a quick look at England shows a lot of channels but you will probably need a 90cm dish and a digital receiver.
Free TV - Europe - LyngSat
I did not check out what free on the Atlantic sats which might be your best chance for North American programming but you can do that at Lyngsat as well. Just check out their site for the free tv programming.

If you are looking for something like ESPN (US programming) you may be disappointed. I have spent a fair amount of time in Asia and ESPN is a completely different animal (mostly soccer, golf, tennis, cricket, rugby, with some baseball, a tiny bit of tackle football and US basketball).

Also, you should google for some Euro (especially England) websites, they should have a lot of information on equipment and programming.

Good luck and thank you for your service to the country.

Oh, and one last suggestion. If none of the free programming is to your taste, then check out the Armed Forces satellite services. There is a fee but I understand it is a decent discount compared to prices here and they will have a lot of your US programming.

yes the equipment can be used there. The receiver may need a power converter if they use 220v but I know GoalieBob99 used his US equipment when he went to serve our country in "the big sand box"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts