Using HD-TIVo in two locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harrym

Original poster
May 27, 2004
I have just purchased the HR10-250 HD receiver w/Tivo. I am looking for a solution that will allow me to view programming in two rooms. I am familiar with RF remotes, but am still searching for a way to send the image/sound from the room where the receiver is physically located to another room. Is there a cable option? (I would need approx. 75 ft). Is there a wireless option? Which is better?

Are you looking to send the HD signal to another room or just the SD. If its just the SD you could use a wireless solution like this

That is a good start. I was hoping to also view the HD content in another room. Any suggestions?

Well, it's not cheap but you could get a 1-2 amplified Component splitter (takes 1 source in and passed 2 out) and then run component to both. You might have to use a repeater to make a 75' run though. And the same would hold true for the audio. Then use the RF remote as you mentioned.

To transmit HD through your house wouldn't be preferable.
Of course you can find a way to do it, but it'll end up costing a lot of $$ even if a consumer product is made for this purpose.
It would be really difficult (impossible) for [legal] current wireless technology to transmit at the rate HD needs.
SD should work fine though...
I'd go with madpoet's thing. Either that or a switch instead of a splitter. You could probably use one SD RCA-type switch (w/ vid and 2 audio) but I'm not 100% sure the quality would be the same as a specific component video splitter. Maybe even make your own? Good luck, and sorry I haven't shut up yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)