Using Joey's with a monitor - does it have a TV tuner?

jmcnyc

Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
New York
I would like to upgrade to Hopper. I have a few TVs which should hook up no problem. I have one 42" panasonic flat panel monitor - it is not a TV - just a monitor. Can this hook up to Hopper and Joey? Do I need to hook it up direct to Hopper? Or can I connect it to Joey?

What inputs does it have, and what are it's native specs?

Was it intended for desktop PC or TV use, or both?

It will probably work, but more info would help nail it down. Model number?

The only input on the monitor is component and svideo and serial. So looks like I am out of luck. Does the hopper have more outputs? Can I hook the hopper to this monitor and Joey to my main tv? Or should hopper be hooked to you main tv?

The only input on the monitor is component and svideo and serial. So looks like I am out of luck. Does the hopper have more outputs? Can I hook the hopper to this monitor and Joey to my main tv? Or should hopper be hooked to you main tv?
Is it possible the component input doubles as a composite input with the green connection?

You're not out of luck at all. Get the converter isaacmorseMI suggested in the post before yours, and you're good to go. That monitor will work very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)