Adding External HDD to 211K

olds1

Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Sacramento, CA
If I activate an external HDD on my 211K is it tied to that specific HDD or can I swap to a larger HDD at a later date without paying the fee again?

I have two 211ks. If I activated both, I assume that's two different fees?
TIA

Which will come in handy when and IF DISH decides to follow the competition( Directv) and hike their dvr fee upwards by a dollar. Which will probably happen, since DISH is locked into the NO PRICE HIKES till 2013 on programming packs. The only thing left to hike is the made up ,charge it just because we can, DISH FEES.

Which will come in handy when and IF DISH decides to follow the competition( Directv) and hike their dvr fee upwards by a dollar. Which will probably happen, since DISH is locked into the NO PRICE HIKES till 2013 on programming packs. The only thing left to hike is the made up ,charge it just because we can, DISH FEES.

All SELF SPECULATION, Mr. Buzz Kill!!! You deserve this many...:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm ...out of five.

If you have an OTA antenna, hook it up to the 211's, that way you can record one sat and one OTA.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Finally going to do this.
Is there an external hdd that is better than the others?
I assume the interface is USB 2.0?
Any to avoid?
TIA

Last edited:
I threw an old 400 gb WD on my 211. Listed as 40 hours of hd avaliable. However, with the compression on the EARC, I think it's closer to 80 hours.

Yeah, I just used an old one as an excuse to upgrade. If I'd known going in that I could replace it without paying again, I wouldn't've waited and would have used a smaller one earlier.

There is a max size though, correct? I want to say between 1-2 TB, but can't recall offhand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts