using other connection on lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't see why not. Also, you can cascade another switch off the DPP44, particularly if you need only 3 sats and not 4. A DP34 would be the cheapest for your Solo 508.

If the LNBF is a "dual" than it would only get him one satellite, right (he did state "dual" in his OP)? As a DishPro dual LNBF means each output is for that same one satellite.

But if the LNBF is a Twin (or quad or anything other than a single or dual), then he will get at least 2 sats (both 119 and 110) if it is a Dish 500.

Just a clarification as to your set-up and what you expect to get on the 508. Just 119 or both 119 and 110?

Also, be aware that if you are going to have the 508 looking at 119 only, then you will NOT get the 9 day guide, but the 47 hour guide instead. That somewhat limits the great appeal of the DVR functionality. The 9 day guide is at 110 (and a few other sats).

Last edited:
yeah i dont mind if the 508 only gets 119 . i was just worried that it would affect my 2 622 and 722 comming off the dpp44. ived gone thru 2 dpp44 already and im just trying to make sure i dont break it again.
i had 508 and 2 622's plugged into the dpp44. when i plugged in another 622. the other boxes just lost signal right away. the only way to fix it again was to unplug everything and unplug the 508.
and then everything worked again.
Then i plugged in the 508 to the lnb direct and i lost everything again. i finnally came back later but that was after i unplugged all of the cables off the switch and plugged back in.
But i keep having this intermittent problem.

just what i was gonna ask. got a power inserter? it must be on port one.
resetting the switch (inplugging receivers and plugging them back in) seems to be a long term fix for the dpp 44 when all rec lose signal. i have no idea why. but if you dont have a power inserter i wouldnt expect it to work properly.

44 CAN RUN UP TO 8 TV,S. EACH OUTPUT CAN BE CONNECTED TO A DUAL TUNER OR A SINGLE TUNER.AND YES YOU MUST HAVE A POWER INSERTER BEHIND ONE OF THE UNITS AND THAT LINE MUST GO TO THE #1 OUTPUT OF THE 44

I suspect that later this year you might get an offer you can't refuse from Dish to replace that 508, assuming you are in an EA area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts