Using Pansat 2500 on C Band dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Virgil Gomes

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 11, 2004
Hello everyone,

My parents have a C band dish with an analog reciever. They had a Zinwell MPEG receiver and were able to watch stuff, but it was to confussing for them to go back and forth from the analog reciever to the MPEG reciever to change satellite postions and vertical/hoizontal position. So for Christmas I bought them a Pansat 2500 and a VBOX (DP710).

I removed all the old equipment and install the Pansat and VBOX and have things somewhat working OK. When I change channels on the Pansat, the Pansat talks to the VBOX via DisEcQ 1.2, and the VBOX moves the dish to the appropriate satellite. The only thing that I haven't been able to get to work is the ability to change the servo from Vertical to Horizontal. On the Pansat there are connections for it (+5V, Pulse, GND). I tried chaning the skew but it still doesn't work. I know that the servo is working OK because I tried it before I installed the equipment. I also used the analog receiver to change the polarity (vertical/horizontal) with the Pansat and it works OK.

I just can't get the Pansat to move the servo. Can anyone please help me.

Thank you

On my satworks 3618 i had to change a setting that was labeled "skew" from off to on.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.

On the pansat there's only skew setting that you can change from +90 to -90. I tried the full range and didn't get anywhere.

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank everyone for their replies and help.

I recieved my new Pansat2500A and this one works with the mechanical servo. You can tell that is Ok by using a volt meter in DC and check the +5V to GND on the back of the unit. You should see about +5V or a little higher (+5.35V).

This C-Band setup consists of a Pansat2500A, VBOX (DP710) diseqc positioner, an 8' dish and an accuator. No longer have to use the analog receiver to move the dish and change V/H channels.

I found that because of the mechanical servo the Pansat settings have to be done as follows:

1. You must make duplicate satellites and name them. For example Gal3R/C-V and Gal3R/C-H.
2. You must then set the LNB settings for Gal3R/C-V to "Single-SL". This will enable you to see/scan/ etc vertical channels. Do a smart scan and it will scan all vertical channels.
3. You must then set the LNB settings for Gal3R/C-H to "Single-SH". This will enable you to see/scan/ etc horizontal channels. Do a smart scan and it will scan all horizontal channels.
4. For the VBox /positioner setting position number, use the same number for both Gal3R/C-V and Gal3R/C-H.
5. You need to do the above for all the satellites.

If you use a voltage control C-LNB then you don't have to do the above, just set the LNB to Standard (5150).

Thank you!!
Virgil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)