Using SG2100 with diseqc 1.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PipeDream

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
Are there any instructions posted for using the diseqc 1.2 option with a motor? I searched but couldn't find any.

I have mine set up using USALS. But after reading a little about USALS vs. diseqc 1.2 here...and the "Nudge" option, I'd like to try it instead.

I turned on WGVN @ AMC4, switched it to 1.2, and "Nudged" East. GREAT!
Signal much better. Then I hit "Store." Saw "Reference," wondered: What is this? And clicked on it. All signal gone. Hmmm...

Didn't want to completely mess up my USALS settings so I switched it back
to USALS and everything seemed okay. Thought maybe I might loose my USALS 0º point. Will this happen?

I guess my question is, can I set up for both and switch back and forth? or is it one or the other? Could I use USALS and temporarly switch to 1.2 for WGVN
(AMC4) and Fox News (IA6) and nudge a little since these are the only two channels that give me a problem, and then switch back to USALS without messing things up?

I don't understand how to completely use 1.2 and some instructions would be great if they are available somewhere.

I don't remembert what receiver you have, but on my Pansat 1500, I gave up on USALS and only use 1.2

If you go into 1.2 and nudge east or west, at the top it says "NULL", if you want to use 1.2 on that satellites in question (which I recommend), go to the top and arrow right or left, it will have #27, #28, etc. Pick one and then store. It "stores" it at that location. For the other satellite, use #28 as an example.

I dont know of another way to do that other than once you nudge it to change to disable for motor, so it doesnt move.

Interesting! So that's what "NULL" is for.
I'm using a Fortecstar Lifetime Ultra. So far, I've changed USALS to 1.2 and "Nudged" for a better signal on AMC4 and IA6, and after watching, switched it back to USALS
with no bad effects.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)