Using someone elses reciever at my house?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

charmz

Original poster
Sep 5, 2011
USA
My friend got the free HDDVR upgrade at install...but cancelled his DVR service after the first month

I have DVR service active on my account so I gave him one of my HD recievers and took his HDDVR

Both work fine at the two houses, however...I cannot record anything on his HDDVR @ my house

Is there anway around this?

H24 is the reciever type

sure, sign up for and get your own HD-DVR and return your friend's stuff back to him; in fact I am shocked when he cancelled they didn't ask him for the units back as is their normal policy.

sure, sign up for and get your own HD-DVR and return your friend's stuff back to him; in fact I am shocked when he cancelled they didn't ask him for the units back as is their normal policy.
I believe they have separate accounts active but the dvr service is not active. Either way sharing receivers with multiple locations is against the TOS.

well i have my own HD DVR, but having another one would have been nice....

DirecTv will probably send him a bill for the DVR.....or even take the charge out of his bank account.

The reason the DVR does not function is that the receiver is still tied to your friends account. Since he does not have DVR service the DVR would not function. You would need to get yourself a new DVR from Directv or another trusted partner, if you need a second DVR at your house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts