Using the Hopper or Joey with a whole house entertainment system

Boonedocks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 19, 2009
I have a NUVO Concerto whole house entertainment system that is now hooked up to one side of a Dish 322. The NUVO Concerto has cable out, I'm sure it is infrared, that sits in front of the 322 box. With this setup I can control some basic inputs to the 322 like channel up and down. I have my favorite channel guide set up for the music stations we like. From any where in the house we can change the audio to diffirent channels using the wall units. Qustion for all the Hopper/Joey guru's out there. Do I understant correctly that the remote control receiver used for the H/J is totally radio and not IR? If so does anybody know of a workaround for a setup similar to this. It's certainly not a deal killer for switching but we would hate to lose this valuable feature. Still waiting on Black Ops to call about our install for 3 Hoppers and 6 Joeys......

isaacmorseMI said:
The Hopper and Joeys have IR as well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Great. Thank you. And hopefully on the same signal as the 322 so I can just slide it out and swap it with a Joey.

Hopper will accept IR commands. You need to enable it in the remotes menu though.

The IR receiver is just to the right of the power and record lights.

I've had four receivers (622, 612, 922, Hopper) and all have worked on the same set of IR commands.

I checked some of the Dish 322 codes for my URC MX-980 and they worked with Hopper so you should be good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts