using the same receiver in two locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

koconnor

Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
Does anyone know if I can use the same receiver in two different locations for local channels?

In my primary residence I have the local channels on 119. I tried moving it another location (out of state) which uses 101 for local and I get nothing. I started with a signal of 100 but once I selected a local channel it prompts me that it is searching for satellite. When I go back to the signal screen, 119 defaults on xponder 23 and will not save any other xponder value. When I run a test on 119 I do receive signal on different xponder channels.

The receiver is a Hugh's HAH-SA

It's your smartcard, It's only programed for your local market for local chs.
It's all based on zip codes

That makes sense. Since I'm new at this now I have a follow up question.

How does it know what zip code I'm currently in? Does it go off what I type on the install screen?

I understand that Direct TV programs what zip code I'm in. I also have the understanding that the satellites only push the signal.

What I can't figure out is how the 119 signal doesn't broadcast to another location (zip-code)? Since the satellite is broadcasting the information, what is keeping a local channel enabled receiver from collecting that 119 signal from coming through?

little thing called Spotbeams...think flashlight

Shine a flashlight on Mpls, Mn as an example. If youre within the flashlight light, you can get the signal. If its dark, then you can't

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts