USPTO invalidates Apple patent (preliminary)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
Last edited:
Re: USPTO invalidates Apple patent

Mods if you could modify the title to reflect that this is a preliminary revocation I would appreciate it. I can't do this through my phone.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Bloomberg reports that prior art used to invalidate rubber band was a previously granted Apple patent that Apple did not to disclose in their application. They said this is the most egregious type of omission an applicant can make.

It may mean nothing to samsung trial since patent still exists and any changes are at the discretion of the judge.

Bloomberg reports that prior art used to invalidate rubber band was a previously granted Apple patent that Apple did not to disclose in their application. They said this is the most egregious type of omission an applicant can make.

It may mean nothing to samsung trial since patent still exists and any changes are at the discretion of the judge.

Actually, if the patent is permanently invalidated, the judgement against Samsung is null and void.

Actually, if the patent is permanently invalidated, the judgement against Samsung is null and void.

Due to the lack of the earlier patents inclusion from the patent under question, does it block apple from suing over it's violation?

Due to the lack of the earlier patents inclusion from the patent under question, does it block apple from suing over it's violation?

Nope. The trial is complete and uses the existing record with a still valid patent. Now, recent developments may influence the judge in her consideration of damages or whatever but as far as the trial record is concerned, the patent still exists and will continue to exist through a series of appeals to the patent office (and courts).

It may not be fair but happens on occasion. Patent infringement is upheld, penalties assessed and paid, and then the patent is invalidated. What is done is done, and the payer does not get their money back.

As far as this trial is concerned the patent is still valid. It could take years before the patent is officially invalidated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)