Uverse Review

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
aaronc said:
Took about 3 hrs. total for install. PQ is as good if not slightly better than Dish. Internet speed is good, but I may be paying the extra $5 a month for 18mpbs. The dvr may not be as good as Dish, but it sure is faster and channel changes are instant. No audio drop outs. Dish cancellation for tomorrow.:)

Go with higher Internet speed. Before you do so talk to them about giving you a promo price on it.
They might wave the 5 bucks for 6 months.
Glad your liking it! It's an excellent service
Dvr is not better than dish but is very good!

Took about 3 hrs. total for install. PQ is as good if not slightly better than Dish. Internet speed is good, but I may be paying the extra $5 a month for 18mpbs. The dvr may not be as good as Dish, but it sure is faster and channel changes are instant. No audio drop outs. Dish cancellation for tomorrow.:)

My experience and evaluation is similiar. I have had Uverse 18 mpbs service for 3 years. Added u300 TV (NEW high capacity DVR) with 4 additional receivers and telephone service 5 weeks ago. The DVR failed after one day, got replacement the next day and have had no problems since. Have 3 HD feeds. The HD quality is excelent and is on par with Dish. No audio problems or video glitches. Total per month price much less than previous total for internet, Dish satellite, and telephone service for one year and then about $50 per month cheaper after the first year with more channels. We really like the UVerse service!

Had 3 U-verse boxes installed with Whole House DVR, HD service, U300 package, installed last Wed.
It is great!! Much better than in 2008 when I had it briefly. Not one issue so far!

dfecarter said:
Had 3 U-verse boxes installed with Whole House DVR, HD service, U300 package, installed last Wed.
It is great!! Much better than in 2008 when I had it briefly. Not one issue so far!

Great! I'm sure you will be happy.
The service has vastly improved.

I had Uverse for a little over 2 yrs about 2 yrs ago. It was a very good service. I had no problem with the HD PQ and the SD PQ was first rate. Loved the DVR and the capability to record multiple shows and also the WHDVR. That was great for my wife who had me record shows for her while she watched other shows. The reason I left Uverse was that I got tired of waiting for them to add the sports subscription services. All we ever heard from AT&T was that it they were coming soon. Well, they have added the NBA pkg, but where's the MLB and NHL pkg's. And now, they've dropped NHL Network because of a contract dispute and it seems that they're making no effort to settle it. I think if they added those things, I would definitely think about returning. Right, I've been with Comcast the last 2 yrs, get to watch all the NHL I want with Center Ice, and even get to watch all the MLB because they never turned those channels off after the NHL season ended. Another gripe I have, is the AT&T forums on their website that are dedicated to Uverse. There are some over there that you'd swear are AT&T employees. As soon as someone complains about Uverse for any reason, they're accused of being shills for other tv providers and these people, act like Uverse and AT&T can do no wrong whatsoever.

I had Uverse for a little over 2 yrs about 2 yrs ago. It was a very good service. I had no problem with the HD PQ and the SD PQ was first rate. Loved the DVR and the capability to record multiple shows and also the WHDVR. That was great for my wife who had me record shows for her while she watched other shows. The reason I left Uverse was that I got tired of waiting for them to add the sports subscription services. All we ever heard from AT&T was that it they were coming soon. Well, they have added the NBA pkg, but where's the MLB and NHL pkg's. And now, they've dropped NHL Network because of a contract dispute and it seems that they're making no effort to settle it. I think if they added those things, I would definitely think about returning. Right, I've been with Comcast the last 2 yrs, get to watch all the NHL I want with Center Ice, and even get to watch all the MLB because they never turned those channels off after the NHL season ended. Another gripe I have, is the AT&T forums on their website that are dedicated to Uverse. There are some over there that you'd swear are AT&T employees. As soon as someone complains about Uverse for any reason, they're accused of being shills for other tv providers and these people, act like Uverse and AT&T can do no wrong whatsoever.

Very understandable why you left. I have Direc solely for my Ny sports teams.
Its too bad that Uverse does not have more sports packages. They are weak in this area.
I would love to not have to have Direc anymore. Their customer service
stinks these days.

I just had 2 wireless receivers installed on 9/15 and everything works great. I was apprehensive about wireless, but it works. I have my DVR in my living room and 2 wireless receivers upstairs in my bedrooms, so far the picture and sound are excellent. I also have uverse internet and it sometimes slows down. I would recommend it.

so far i like the way the wireless receivers work. No problems. In fact i have my roku boxes plugged in the lan port on the wireless receivers and roku works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts