Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Well, Dish is up... Im on the arch... LNB is properly skewed and positioned.... started scanning in satellites, been doing it all day and setting my positions on my pansat.. Dish was moving great all night and then bam er2 on the vbox. Checked all conections to the motor and everything appears ok. nothing has moved from where it was installed. Everything is perfectly wired. What is wrong?

Ok so how is it getting no pulse? At times it works fine and at other times it doesnt... Its really random and hit or miss, if I upgrade from a Vbox to a Gbox would that fix the issue?

If you read Linuxman's review/comments about the Gbox, you'd want one.
I did. I do. I got one. :D
It seems to count on both sides of the pulse from the reed switch.
That appears to give you about twice the resolution (assuming the dish/motor can hold the position).

But, if you have a flaky wire/reed/magnet, then you need to fix that.

Ok so how is it getting no pulse? At times it works fine and at other times it doesnt... Its really random and hit or miss, if I upgrade from a Vbox to a Gbox would that fix the issue?

some times it is not the pulse it is amp draw, for a ER 2.
or it may be some thing binding or the actuator that needs to be lubed.
Have you load tested you're motor?
I think the V-box is a 3-amp draw.
also check you're reed switch with a ohm meter in side where the V-box is at, you should be under 16-ohms, if it gets higher it may not see the reed open if it a fast count motor.

I have one that was doing that...it had some cold solder joints. I tacked all the joints...no more problem...

I changed out the reed swich with another motor I had today. To my surprise they both had the same reed swich. After I changed out the reed switch, the vbox still does the same thing.. Reversing the wires though on the vbox does drive the motor the other way. That leads me to belive that both the motor, and the reed swich are fine.. As well as the wireing as it can drive the motor. That leaves me with only one other possablity of what is wrong and that would be the vbox itself. Now off to find a job so I can go get one :) Or waiting for my unemployment check.

My Vbox had a bad solder joint. A touch up of the various solder connections around the relays made it return to normal condition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)