pbs x off the air?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
my dish is tracking good as noted before

but i cant get pbs i can get every sat next to it though

does it go off the air at midnight?

also can anyone get cspan without any sparkles? i have a high signal but still sparkles

PBS X is on the air, you should be getting it, C Span is perfect on my end. A high signal don't mean anything it is reading the gain of your LNB.

If you want to see how well your dish is aligned if you can get PBS X see how good it looks. this channel has been problematic since it moved to where it is now for quite a few with a weaker signal.

Unless you have trees of some blockage preventing full gain on C Span preventing a perfect picture something isn't set right on your end. On a 10 foot dish it should be booming in there.

If you want to see how well your dish is aligned if you can get PBS X see how good it looks. this channel has been problematic since it moved to where it is now for quite a few with a weaker signal.
I agree here... My 7.5 footer tracks perfectly, and PBS-X is the only analog channel with some sparklies.
Doesn't bother me though, since I watch it in 1080i HD on Ku! :D:up

I agree here... My 7.5 footer tracks perfectly, and PBS-X is the only analog channel with some sparklies.
Doesn't bother me though, since I watch it in 1080i HD on Ku! :D:up

Don't feel bad my 12 foot gets a bit in the colors. I think there not fully saturating the transponder.

BTW How close are you to Jacksonville? I have a friend down there that may want to put a bud up. What's the smallest size that will work well down there? Im in the middle of the beam pattern here in Chicago so I can't go by that.

Don't feel bad my 12 foot gets a bit in the colors. I think there not fully saturating the transponder.

BTW How close are you to Jacksonville? I have a friend down there that may want to put a bud up. What's the smallest size that will work well down there? Im in the middle of the beam pattern here in Chicago so I can't go by that.
I'm about 80 miles west of Jax. I'd recommend a 7.5 footer, but a 10 is needed for some feeds of HD sports, etc. Most of the DCII stuff is much more forgiving signal-wise, so depending on what he wants to see with it, a 6 may even be enough. I seem to get very strong signals on most everything I'm currently aimed at, both C and Ku. It may be that the arc is higher in the sky down here, or that I have my BUD's carefully "dialed-in" or a combination of both!
:cool::up

Update on PBS-X

Another plus for the C2 LNBF....the last time I looked at PBS-X I still had the BSC421 on the 7.5. Now with the C2 it's much clearer with just some black sparklies in saturated colors! There's a kids' show on (Sesame Street, I think)right now with brightly colored puppet characters so "normal people" should look real good! :)

I'm about 80 miles west of Jax. I'd recommend a 7.5 footer, but a 10 is needed for some feeds of HD sports, etc. Most of the DCII stuff is much more forgiving signal-wise, so depending on what he wants to see with it, a 6 may even be enough. I seem to get very strong signals on most everything I'm currently aimed at, both C and Ku. It may be that the arc is higher in the sky down here, or that I have my BUD's carefully "dialed-in" or a combination of both!
:cool::up

Okay thank's euro, :up I have to be the one that comes up with the answers for all these people Im trying to convert to buds so Satellite guys is a great place to get info.

He may just do W5 I told him about the 410 system I just did and showed him pictures. Whats your EBNO on W5? He's paying Comcast $98.00 a month and is sick of it. He could get the channels he wants with premiums on a bud for a lot less :D

He may just do W5 I told him about the 410 system I just did and showed him pictures. Whats your EBNO on W5? :D
It varies between +8.8 and +9.5 on W5 with the DSR-920 and 7.5ft BUD. :) It should be about the same on the 410..(mine's not hooked up right now due to C2 LNBF opposite polarity syndrome!) :eek: Gotta twist that thing 90 when I get a chance!

this is wierd, my perfect 10 could get pbsx but not sheppards chappel, my new dish does the opposite!

gee. I get both on my "too small" 6 footer :rolleyes:
PBS has some sparklies but as euro said, I'd rather watch it in 1080i HD :D

why dont i get it? 99 west comes in booming on analog, but a satellite 3 degrees away??

actually its 2 degrees away (guess 101-99 doesnt equal 2 in your math)

but to answer your other question, PBS doesnt go off at midnite...not according to their schedule

It varies between +8.8 and +9.5 on W5 with the DSR-920 and 7.5ft BUD. :) It should be about the same on the 410..(mine's not hooked up right now due to C2 LNBF opposite polarity syndrome!) :eek: Gotta twist that thing 90 when I get a chance!

Thanks again, I know that Florida usually requires a larger dish then Illinois does. I ended up with a max of 10.7 on the 6 foot I put up here and run 14.0 or more all day long on my 12 foot. I wonder if a 6 foot would handle W5 in FLA? may need a 7.5 or 8.

ok i can get pbs x ... now this is odd if i run my polority normal ican get sheppards chappel and all the rest

but for pbs x... i have to invert my poloraity

what would be causing this??

ok i can get pbs x ... now this is odd if i run my polority normal ican get sheppards chappel and all the rest

but for pbs x... i have to invert my poloraity

what would be causing this??

Aren't those two channels on adjacent sats? If you have your polarity set for one sat, it will usually be reversed for the adjacent sat. Ie Ch 16 is vertical on G16, but it's horizontal on AMC4. Your dish is apparently picking up both sats at the same time, which is common. The 2 deg spacing makes it hard for anything but pretty big dishes to separate adjacent channels, and if you have side lobes, it might go beyond the adjacent channel.

Anyway, you're receiving two sats at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)