V-box III & Drift

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i was mainly posting this to ask the V-box users if they have drift in their using a v-box on a big bish . seems like i have to slightly retune some satellites almost every other day.

now sometimes when i tuning in best signal , i move to the next sat and then back to the sat i'm tuning. sometimes it is slightly off form the best reading i just got set a minute or two before . does this happen on the other v-boxes or and i mention this because my dish isn't 100% yet ( its just slightly off) i didn't know if i needed to atribute it to my dish.

when adjusting and set it to 87W on my v-box it might get the best signal at 882 ( count) then i move to another satellite and back and its slightly off and best signal might be 984 sometimes it good for a day sometimes only a minute . i know 2 counts isn't a lot .... just strange

thanks for any input ...... i still like the v-box over any other method of moving my big dish.

when adjusting and set it to 87W on my v-box it might get the best signal at 882 ( count) then i move to another satellite and back and its slightly off and best signal might be EDIT: 884 sometimes it good for a day sometimes only a minute . i know 2 counts isn't a lot .... just strange

I had this problem with the Birdview in the beginning, and found it to be a number of things.

First, the number of pulses/counts the actuator sends to the VBox.

Second, slack in the drive gear of the dish. In my case the worm-gear which I secured with a bolt through the shaft.

Third, dish not adjusted properly ie. elevation, and side to side.

Once everything is right, the VBox should be smack on whichever direction you come into position from and every time.

Fred

Thanks Fred
I thought it might be several things so maybe i can get it right soon, its not bad but when your looking for bam on everytime it annoys me a bit lol .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)