V3000 GBox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Anyone have any idea how many pulses equal 1 degree on the GBox V3000 or would it depend on which actuator is used?

Thanks,

Marty

Depends on the Actuator.
When lock on a Sat, count the Pulse Number to the next Sat, then the Pulse Count divided buy Degrees of Separation. That will get you pretty close.

USALS and H-H mounts

The screw jack actuators are usually rated for 24 or 36 pulses per inch of travel.
Unfortunately, the way they are mechanically linked to the dish, one inch of travel on either side of the arc is not the same as one inch of travel in the middle.

In Horizon to Horizon motors, if you have 20 pulses per degree of travel on the east side of the arc, you have it everywhere.
Each motor is different, and by changing out the magnet wheel with one having more magnets, you increase the accuracy.
One of the mods for the Birdview mount, was to change out an 8 magnet wheel, for one with 24 magnets.
Where the magnet wheel is located in the drive chain, determines the ultimate accuracy.

From the perspective of the user, two birds which are 2° apart at the horizon, appear closer together than two birds which are 2° apart near your true south.
So, even though the H-H motor has constant number of counts per degree of motor-travel, that doesn't map to a constant number of counts between satellites.
That's what USALS is designed to calculate.
It's all done in the receiver.
Unfortunately, there is no Gbox compatible with USALS receivers.

The destructions say it is compatible with Diseq 1.2 but i can't get it to work. I am on the arc, anywhere I move the dish with a bit of fine tuning I can get transponders. I have not played with C band in close to 20 years so I am trying to figure out how to get it where it needs to be.

Thanks,

Marty

marty
you can save the locations two ways
one is with the receiver set to diesqc 1.2 and tune with the receiver until you get the location and save it through the receiver the gbox / vbox should either blink at you of flash a location # at you .

the second way is almost the same set your receiver up on the location you want ( it will still need to be set up under motor command as diesqc 1.2) and active transponder . then move the dish with the vbox/gbox remote until you get the signal you want then save in on the vbox/ gbox

hope that helps if not come back and we will see if we can talk you through it.

theres also a third way i haven't used its with the preset locations of sats ( already stored in the unit) i've not used these.

Thats the way I am doing it. My computer at home quit so I am trying to do it off the other FTA.
Just thought there may be something easier.

Thanks for the help!

you can turn the pansat so it doesn't see the remote and program the gbox and write down the position that you save probably come out as p1 p2 p3 ect

just write down which sat it goes to and use a channel editor and add the stored position for each satellite .... its a longer way to do it but should work

Status
Please reply by conversation.