v6.10 and still have white dot...

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
Not sure if this was discussed in the other thread--sorry, too many messages to read through. Anyway, feel free to merge this Sean.

Last night I was messing with my new installation of 6.10 and noticed the white dot bug is still there. Certainly not the worst thing in the world but was wondering if anyone else has seen it since the update.

The Rickster

I think the white dot problem is worse with 6.10. I hardly ever noticed it before, but now I get it almost everytime I surf.

-John

Remind me about this white dot stuck pixel. Is this the same that gets stucked about the program planner shoots or about to shoot?

Sean Mota said:
Remind me about this white dot stuck pixel. Is this the same that gets stucked about the program planner shoots or about to shoot?
Nope, I never use the Program Planner. It looks like about three or four pixels in a vertical line. If you press the Voom button they are slightly to the right of center in line with the blue to black transition in the back drop. They usually appear after hitting the watch button after looking at the PG. Voom button--->watch button usually get rid of it 'till next time.

Has anyone looked into my corny theory that it might be heat related? I moved my Moto box into a more cramped cabinet with more components and the pixel problem increased big time. So I moved it back and tried to ventilate it more, and I don't hardly ever get it. Upstairs on my standard TV, my bedroom is a lot cooler then downstairs, I never ever have a stuck pixel problem on that one.

Not heat here...

My HT is in my basement, which is never above about 70 degrees (or so). Also, it's on top of my rack, which is wide open. Lots of fresh air for it.

The Rickster

Yes, the "Stuck Pixel" bug is not fixed in 6.10. As before, press VOOM and then WATCH to get rid of those white dots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)