Vacation Home local questions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
OK , here's my issue, I have a vacation home I spend a total of 2 months per year.

I used to just activate a seperate account when I went there with my 2 owned receivers. I used to get NY locals as well.

But now D* and a Few others claim I can just merge my account and just suspend my main service when I go to my vatction home. OK thats Great, But, How do I get the NY locals while I'm there?

My main service has Scranton Wilkes Barre Locals, and my Vacation home is way out of that spotbeam.

So Does that mean, I have to "move" Everytime I go there?

Or can I have 2 receivers with the NY locals programmed in it already?

Not sure if I understand the question.

But I have one Snowbird neighbor that takes his receiver with him from the North to the South and then back. One account.

So if you lived in New York and went to Florida - but you wanted to keep the New York stations - then just carry the receiver with you. Plug it in in Florida and don't call Direct.

If you live in New York and go to Florida and you want the Florida stations - then you deactivate the receiver in New York and then activate the receiver in Florida. Deactivate means telephoning Direct to turn off your NY receiver - and then when in Florida - hooking up everything - and telephoning Direct - to activate that same receiver.

Has this answered your question?

If you have one account you would have to "move" each time.
You cant have one account and 2 separate sets of locals on them. Even the RV waiver requires 2 accounts

Yes snowbirds do that but they switch the address to get the locals. My dad's buddy lives 6 months in MN (Minneapolis locals) and 6 months in Ft Myers, FL (Ft Myers locals). He calls up and does the address change twice a year :)

"Move" to NY, and you will get those locals all the time. If you want locals at the main house other than NY, you could use an antenna. The NY locals are Conus so they will work anywhere....

If you have one account you would have to "move" each time.
You cant have one account and 2 separate sets of locals on them. Even the RV waiver requires 2 accounts

Yes snowbirds do that but they switch the address to get the locals. My dad's buddy lives 6 months in MN (Minneapolis locals) and 6 months in Ft Myers, FL (Ft Myers locals). He calls up and does the address change twice a year :)
Thats a Pain, I might as well just kept the 2 seperate accounts:(

So thats still 4 phone calls to D*.:rant:

why would it be 4?

call when you go tot he vaca house
call when you go back

thats 2 in my book (unless you do this back and forth multiple times)

Hemi,

If you use the NY address you will get your big 4 on Conus so you will always have NY locals at both places

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)