VBS Radio Now On Galaxy 25!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
status of transponder?

With a poor signal like this it will be a difficult channel to receive. We will check with the uplinker about the status of the transponder.

Were you able to check about the status? What did they say? We're concerned if folks are having trouble receiving us.

WG

I am getting the channel now, but not at the coordinates stated, it was quite by accident. The coordinates I picked it up on is:

11740/V/22425

That is on my box in the Living Room. When I kill the power to that box, and then turn on the other box in my bedroom and try to program it in, I can't get the transponder at all.

I guess it is just kind of a crap shoot.

We have shared the test results with the uplink facility. The signal integrity is a matter of fulfilling the link budget contract and this issue should be a discussion between the broadcaster and the uplinker. Until the signal quality issues are resolved, Glorystar will not be able to add this channel.

We have shared the test results with the uplink facility. The signal integrity is a matter of fulfilling the link budget contract and this issue should be a discussion between the broadcaster and the uplinker. Until the signal quality issues are resolved, Glorystar will not be able to add this channel.

Because of interference on transponder 1 frequency 11740V the uplinker has moved the frequency a bit to 11716V. This has increased the reception performance by almost 20%. (All the rest of the parameters stay the same.)

With this increase in reception performance, it should work fine for Glorystar now. Please test it, and let us know if it can be added. Thank you!

WG

Updated .....

Transponder Comparisons on a 90cm GEOSATpro dish with single 0.4dB NR/ 55dB gain LNBF, 11.42AM PST, 11.17.2007, Northern California, Light Overcast Skies, 72 deg. F.

12177 Vertical 23,000: -53dBm, 6.0dB S/N

11836 Vertical 20,765: -57dBm, 4.9dB S/N

11966 Horizontal 22,000: -54dBm, 3.5dB S/N

11716 Vertical 22,000: -58dBm, 3.9dB S/N

Still lower than most other transponders, but it is much better!

More observations from other regions?

120cm GEOSATpro dish, Single 0.4dB NR
6.06PM PST, 11.17.2007, Southern California
Broadlogic 2030 PCI

12177 Vertical 23,000: 9.2 dB S/N
11836 Vertical 20,765: 8.5 dB S/N
11966 Horizontal 22,000: 6.8 dB S/N
11716 Vertical 22,000: 9.0 dB S/N

Did you Power scan Galaxy 25 or add new transponder 11716MHz, Vertical Polarity, 22000 Symbol Rate and perform a TP Scan?

If so, what is the Signal Quality on Transponder Frequency 11716?

If the signal quality is too low, (below 35%) the channel will not scan in.

yes we have been able to receive it now. Good signal quality and is very good. Listened to a few programs on there :)

VBS Radio added!

Looks like Glorystar has programmed our channel into the STB firmware - we're very excited. :)

WG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts