Velocity (CH 364) available in AT120+?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

krauser1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just had a chat with Dish about this and they are stumped about the Velocity channel (CH 364) being available in AT120+. Nowhere do I find that the channel is in preview, and Dish confirmed that it is not in preview. Anyone else getting this channel in AT120+ or have any additional info as to why this channel is available?

Thanks!

Just had a chat with Dish about this and they are stumped about the Velocity channel (CH 364) being available in AT120+. Nowhere do I find that the channel is in preview, and Dish confirmed that it is not in preview. Anyone else getting this channel in AT120+ or have any additional info as to why this channel is available?

Thanks!

There has been some confusion regarding that channel. As of March 27th, Velocity was removed from the Blockbuster@Home package, and is now included automatically in the Top 120 HD package and above.

I don't show any others have been moved out of it at this time, but we did recently launch Sony Movie Channel into the @Home package on Ch. 386.

Although I cannot confirm it, I seem to recall some other DIRT members saying that Palladia (ch. 369) was available in the America's Top packages. If true, I wish the Dish Latino packs also had Palladia outside of BB@Home. In addition, some Dish Latino subs ( I believe Dos and Max) get Pixl outside of BB@Home (and the Heartland Package).

Well that is nice additions to AT120.As for bb@home,not so much,that package has lost 3 channels in the last few months.

There has been some confusion regarding that channel. As of March 27th, Velocity was removed from the Blockbuster@Home package, and is now included automatically in the Top 120 HD package and above.

Dish says, "Give the customer what they want". And they did for me with Velocity without asking.

Although I cannot confirm it, I seem to recall some other DIRT members saying that Palladia (ch. 369) was available in the America's Top packages. If true, I wish the Dish Latino packs also had Palladia outside of BB@Home. In addition, some Dish Latino subs ( I believe Dos and Max) get Pixl outside of BB@Home (and the Heartland Package).

Palladia is in the AT packages. I can pass along the suggestion to include it in the Latino packs, though I can't speculate on any future changes. Latino Dos and Max do receive Pixl on Ch. 388

Tommy, I have noticed Palladia in AT120 for quite some time now. Forgot to ask about that one.

Thanks!

Palladia has been in our AT packages for quite awhile now, close to a year I believe.

Are you sure you don't mean Fox Movie Channel? Sony Movie Channel has been a part of BB@Home for quite a while now.

I apologize, my wording was a bit off in the previous post. Sony Movie Channel has been available in HD, though we recently launched the SD feed into the @Home package. Fox Movie Channel is also included in SD on Ch. 384.

Wonderful timing for me! Velocity was basically the only reason I was keeping the BB@Home pack. I can easily live w/o the rest, but I watch a lot of Velocity programming. Just dropped the BB@Home package to help counteract the Hopper fees going up.

Wonderful timing for me! Velocity was basically the only reason I was keeping the BB@Home pack. I can easily live w/o the rest, but I watch a lot of Velocity programming. Just dropped the BB@Home package to help counteract the Hopper fees going up.

A nice way to save $10/month or $120/year. I never really got why Velocity was in BB@Home especially when it was on the TEST channel (channel 5710) for some subs. BB@Home is still a nice add-on for $10/month if someone wants extra channels like Hallmark Movie Channel, Fox Movie Channel, Epix 1, Epix 2, Epix 3, Centric, Logo, Universal HD, Crime and Investigation Channel HD, MoviePlex, IndiePlex, RetroPlex, Encore Suspense, MGM HD, Sony Movie Channel, Starz Cinema, Palladia, World Fishing Network (WFN), Mav TV HD, Pixl, HDNet Movies, etc. The one disc at a time service is also nice if it works out well in your area if any participating Blockbuster stores still exist.

Last edited:
NICE! Velocity was the main reason I kept BB@Home. Their disc-at-home service is *SO* slow and NEVER has a decent selection of new releases that it is basically worthless. I just cancelled and saved myself $10! I still pay about $140 though. :-(

I have been enjoying Velocity and was trying not to get hooked on it, I thought I originally spotted it as part of a preview about a month ago and expected it to go away soon. I'm glad it's staying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)