Venesat Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eduardito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Last night I stopped receiving most of the Venesat channels (encrypted), I did a blindscan and a lot of channels (like cartoon network?) were added but all encrypted. If my interpretation of the lyngsat is correct I should still be able to receive some of the channels on the 11380 H. The only 3 I can see now are the PDVSA, Catatumbo, and TVO. Any help here? or am I SOL?

There are some reports that the 11380 TP is without any signal at all. Guess its a temp problem. There were already some channels in the same TP encrypted so it will not surprise me if they close the complete TP. :(

Yep It looks like it's done. carlospr I see in your sig you have NSS 806, do you have it on a six footer? I have a 54 inch dish and I don't know if it'll be enough. Will a C Band LNB with a dielectric plate and scalar ring be enough?

Eduardito, Did you acctually read what mikekolh posted in response to your question on the other thread?. Not saying he is the Pope but what he writes is pretty much considered "sacred text" in general by the industry, lol. I have trees in my way over the atlantic but I use a 6 footer with very good success on C band. If you really need that bird get at least a 6 footer with a circular feedhorn and follow mike's advice.

BTW , What did they have on that TP that is now fully encrypted?.

Eduardito, Did you acctually read what mikekolh posted in response to your question on the other thread?. Not saying he is the Pope but what he writes is pretty much considered "sacred text" in general by the industry, lol. I have trees in my way over the atlantic but I use a 6 footer with very good success on C band. If you really need that bird get at least a 6 footer with a circular feedhorn and follow mike's advice.

BTW , What did they have on that TP that is now fully encrypted?.

I did read it, I understood most of it but I didn't to keep bothering him. I've actually read it a couple of times, what is stumping me is trying to find a true circular cbandlnb. Locally I could purchase one with a dielectric plate. I wanted to get on it tomorrow but it seems I don't have the necessary materials tohitproperly. I was kind of hoping somehowbychance I could get it on the 54 inch one with the c- band lnb. But if its impossible then its not worth trying.

Venesat had very few channels but they were all in Spanish which I need for my dad. What I'm trying to get in is Telesur and on their websitw they specify NSS 806.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)