Venting.... Sometimes Dish is Frustrating

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
I had a New Connect today (Rescheduled for tomorrow) that's 2 Hopper 2's and 4 Joey 1's. That in itself is frustrating, but easy to modify to Joey 2's. Bu the point of this is since the problem with Dual Hopper systems is now on the known issue report, why in God;s name are they creating work orders to install something that doesn't fully work?

So I called on the way over there to try and modify it to a Hopper 3 w/5 Joeys and noooooo, they need to pay $50 bucks to "upgrade". I said to the rep, "Upgrade what? There's no Equipment installed or activated, there's no contract, no nothing. Why is Dish forcing me to install something that doesn't work?"

They were adamant about not modifying for free, even when I told them I'm going to tell the customer before I do anything about it and I won't be surprised if they cancel the whole thing. I mean, FFS, they're not even new receivers anymore.

These are the types of things Dish does, and it's not alone on the list, that drives me up a wall

I had a New Connect today (Rescheduled for tomorrow) that's 2 Hopper 2's and 4 Joey 1's. That in itself is frustrating, but easy to modify to Joey 2's. Bu the point of this is since the problem with Dual Hopper systems is now on the known issue report, why in God;s name are they creating work orders to install something that doesn't fully work?

So I called on the way over there to try and modify it to a Hopper 3 w/5 Joeys and noooooo, they need to pay $50 bucks to "upgrade". I said to the rep, "Upgrade what? There's no Equipment installed or activated, there's no contract, no nothing. Why is Dish forcing me to install something that doesn't work?"

They were adamant about not modifying for free, even when I told them I'm going to tell the customer before I do anything about it and I won't be surprised if they cancel the whole thing. I mean, FFS, they're not even new receivers anymore.

These are the types of things Dish does, and it's not alone on the list, that drives me up a wall

Thank you for being a tech who cares about the customer and tries to do a good job. They should be happy to have you as an employee. :oldsmile2

Dish tried to charge me an "upgrade" fee to get the H3 based on my "credit" score. All I had to do was call and say I wanted to the H3 for no additional cost or I would cancel the order, and they gave it to me. Turns out it wasn't my FICO score, but that other thing the telecoms use to rate customers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It seems Dish makes the very best hardware, but that's pretty much it. Customer service is haphazard and totally hit or miss. Don't like what they're saying? No problem call again and talk to a different CSR. Their software developers have mastered the art of degrading excellent hardware by the need for upgrade after upgrade. I don't think anyone at Dish really cares.
That said, I minimize my frustration by having as little contact with them as possible, and as long as my H2 doesn't fail, I'm fine.

Reactions: Jim S. and pattykay
I have learned long ago that persistence pays off.
Call back. Escalate to customer retention. Stick to your guns.
Friday I was talking to Verizon Wireless about poor reception and poor battery life on my Note 3 phones as well as the lack of software upgrades for the last 3 cycles.
I asked for 2 new S9+ phones for free. When they finished laughing we settled for 2 just released entry level phones for free. They are nowhere state of the art but at least they will have current software for a couple years.

Reactions: pattykay
Customer service is haphazard and totally hit or miss.

Yet, for the record, name any telecom service provider where that description doesn't apply. ;)

At this point, about all anyone can do is find the lesser of the evils.

Friday I was talking to Verizon Wireless about poor reception and poor battery life on my Note 3 phones as well as the lack of software upgrades for the last 3 cycles.

Poor battery life and lack of updates on a five year (and model) old phone...wow...who'd a thunk? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)