Veria Won't Record (622)

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
The title says it all. I have a 622 and have been trying to record a program on Veria (OK, OK, I know, why would I want to do that, let's just say I have my reasons). The entry shows up in my recorded programs, the recorded length is correct, but when I go to play it all I get is a black screen and then, most of the time, the screen just pops back to the recorded list (sometimes it will hang at the black screen until I do a stop).

I've tried this on both 218 and the 9000 range channel (forget which it is at the moment); I've also just tried hitting record when I'm watching Veria, then stopping a few minutes later. When I access the recorded snippet I get the same behavior (i.e. no recording).

I have no issue recording anything else. Once, a while ago, I experienced the same behavior with a program on RFD-TV, but only once. The issue with Veria has (so far) been reliably reproducible.

Anyone else had any trouble? Any info would be appreciated (I don't know know how to watch TV if it isn't recorded :) ).

Not only have I tried but I've actually succeeded in resetting the receiver many times in the past; however, if you are referring to resetting it since I noticed this problem then I don't think it has been, the thought actually hadn't occurred to me. I can try it, though. I also thought of trying to record the SD channel but I don't seem to have one for 218, all I see is the HD channel. Thanks, I'll see if a reset does it. I would be surprised but not astonished.

Thanks, a reset did not correct the problem. I didn't think it would as I first noticed the issue about a week or so ago and my 622 most likely has reset itself a couple of times in the interim. I would be curious if others are seeing (or not seeing this) as well.

You find it strange. :)

Thank you, MattG. If Veria records with your equipment and no one else is having this problem I may need to have my 622 replaced (I mean, after all, that's what I'm spending, what is it, $6-7/month, for).

So it recorded and played fine on our 922 and 722k. Unfortunately, our 622 is not currently working, so I can't test on that.

Would anyone with a 622 (besides the OP) be willing to try recording channel 218 to see if they get the same results

There's something with that station (I'm on EA, BTW). I even tried tuning to it for a while; then, when I tried to "go back", I couldn't. I couldn't rewind AT ALL.

Again, I'm not saying it's not an equipment problem, just that 218 is the ONLY station (of those I've watched, of course) that exhibits this behavior. Very strange.

This kind of behaviour with a channel has been seen before. I don't remember what channel(s) in the past, but certain receivers would not record it. Found out to be a problem not with the receiver, a problem either with Dish or the Channel itself.
I would suggest one thing just to be sure, since the HD is a new channel. Maybe a re-authorization?

This kind of behaviour with a channel has been seen before. I don't remember what channel(s) in the past, but certain receivers would not record it. Found out to be a problem not with the receiver, a problem either with Dish or the Channel itself.
I would suggest one thing just to be sure, since the HD is a new channel. Maybe a re-authorization?

Not a bad idea, a hit may do the trick. If not, I'm guessing it's a problem on our end that we're unaware of at the moment

I'm still waiting on the OP's account info

Last edited:
Try it again for me when you guys get a chance, let me know if it still has the same problem (I sent a hit to both your accounts to see if that makes a difference)

No luck. It shows the time it should (I recorded for two minutes) but when you play it back it acts like it is going to start, never a picture, never starts, then ends like the two minutes is over.

No luck. It shows the time it should (I recorded for two minutes) but when you play it back it acts like it is going to start, never a picture, never starts, then ends like the two minutes is over.

Thanks for the info. I did put in the reports and sent an email saying it didn't work. I'll keep you guys updated with any info I receive

Thanks, because I made a mistake. (lol) I really didn't care about that channel, but knew this kind of thing had happened before. While I tried to record it this time my wife saw the channel, now wants to record shows on it... So glad for multiple tuners.....

Thanks, because I made a mistake. (lol) I really didn't care about that channel, but knew this kind of thing had happened before. While I tried to record it this time my wife saw the channel, now wants to record shows on it... So glad for multiple tuners.....

There are ways to make the channel disappear.... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)