This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Verizon 5G Rant

I consistently get 125+ Mbps d/l on Mint Mobile.

2g is text messaging only...data didn't start until 3g( very limited)

I'm not sure what 'G' it was, but I was paying $5/month extra in 2005 for Nextel Wireless Web on my i850 iDEN phone and it had a java web browser and I was able to browse websites. Something tells me that it was not 3G but since you're always right about everything, it must have been.

Reactions: primestar31
I guess...not everyone enjoys using a browser at 56k speeds...but to each his own....3g is a marketing term...it means different things to different providers

It kills me when people use a voice assistant to post on social media or a marketplace.
Especially when they have a heavy southern drawl or a buh-rwooklyn accent.
"I got's a mopa fo fotty fer sale with stock boar an maysures fo pernt thutty too". Price fi fitty y'all come n git it.

60 Mbps really isn't that impressive. I was getting that in the basement at work when T-Mobile turned on band 71 LTE.

This is the fastest I've ever got, but 330 x 100 isn't that impressive either, but it's n71 NR, so I feel it's respectable.

There's a YouTube video from last summer of 2 Gbps on Verizon mmWave in Vegas

And really screw the 21st century! Texting is stupid, watching video on a 6" screen is stupid, smartphones are stupid. Call quality on landlines is typically superior to cell phones, typing on on-screen keyboards suck. I don't text, I refuse to text. You want to get a hold of me, you call. I'm not wasting my time volleying messages back and fourth all day long when a 3 minute voice conversation can be had. I will not watch video on a tiny screen when I have a 55" TV w/ 7.1 audio. I will not use a tiny phone as a computer when I have an i7 Extreme powered desktop and Xeon powered laptop connected to dual 27" displays. I will not use the inferior camera on a phone when I have a $800 Alpha with interchangeable lenses, allowing for real zoom capabilities with real external storage.

For me, my smartphone has been regulated to nothing more than a mobile hotspot and media player to stream podcasts, audiobooks and Sirius XM at work and in the car.

Reactions: Comptech
I guess...not everyone enjoys using a browser at 56k speeds...but to each his own....3g is a marketing term...it means different things to different providers
Of course its a marketing term. You're the one saying data didn't start until 3G and I'm telling you that you're wrong.

Of course its a marketing term. You're the one saying data didn't start until 3G and I'm telling you that you're wrong.
I was always curious who that one customer was that used that tiny browser on a 3g phone

The point is mobile data existed on a sub-3G technology, how many people used it (and there were quite a few) is not relevant.